Whispered Rants from the Tuttle-Tuttle Tree

Random thoughts, rantings, and musings. Displayed for all to see, because sometimes it's saner to rant to random strangers than to rant to yourself. Also, the voices in my head don't always appreciate it when I talk back to them. Go figure.

Friday, May 05, 2006

poem: Exposed

Exposed

You've broken through,
my walls have crumbled.
I stand laid bare
with nothing but a rock,
the size of my hand,
and my hair
to hide behind.
You're still standing on the threshold,
battering ram tossed aside,
neither entering
nor walking away.
My eyes dart around
as I cling to this small piece of wall
clutched in my hand,
trembling.
A hand twitches at your side
as though to reach for me,
but does not.
And I know not
whether to run to you
or to bury myself
amongst the rubble...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home