Whispered Rants from the Tuttle-Tuttle Tree

Random thoughts, rantings, and musings. Displayed for all to see, because sometimes it's saner to rant to random strangers than to rant to yourself. Also, the voices in my head don't always appreciate it when I talk back to them. Go figure.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Random thoughts

It appears that, once again, I should have kept my trap shut. Murphey just keeps too close tabs on me, and I should have known better. I've always been rather accident prone. I've managed to avoid any known broken bones, as well as any stitches other than those related to surgery. But I am generally known for having a good sized goose egg on my head or a plethora of bruises on my legs that I don't remember the sources of. ...etc. Well, since we moved to our new location, I've been remarkably accident-free. We've been here nearly 7 months and, aside from my new stragne inability to get through a doorway without hitting my arm, I've been pretty non-injured. The problem? Well, I had to go and mention this observation out loud. And I've been paying the piper ever since. Tripping over the doggie gate (apparently I CAN'T fly over it), getting my lip split after a head butt from the puppy, ...getting a whole bit all the way through my thumb...by the puppy...hmmm...k. I'm noticing a trend here. Anyone want a new puppy? Barely used... j/k :p *slaps hands away* He's MINE, you can't have him!

Speaking of dogs...I had a few thoughts there the other day. Particularly with regards to the pros and cons to having a smart dog vs one that's a few squeaks short of a full chew toy. I've had both. For example...
* A dim-witted dog takes a lil longer to train, but they tend to stay trained..for good or ill. A smart dog trains really rather quickly...but then they start training you. No matter what system you set up, they quickly learn how to manipulate it.
* A dim dog will adore you always, no matter what. A smart dog will love you no matter what too...but if you piss them off...or even just mildy irritate them...they'll get back at you. They are masters at revenge.
* A dim dog might chew your shoes or that book you left laying out, but a smart dog knows how to pick out your favorite pair...the truly evil mastermind dog picks one each of several pairs and chews 'just enough'.

*Hears a kids scream in the other room...and it's echo from the other kid...checks calender* 19 days till school starts again! ...YES I'm starting the countdown already! You wanna know why kids and puppies are so darn cute? It keeps you from eating them!

Hmmm...I'm feeling a bit peckish...'scuse me while I go scrounge up some lunch. *hugs*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home